Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 18 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8-in. square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides of pan; grease foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. If desired, mix flour with baking soda and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in cookies.
- Spread into prepared pan; sprinkle with M&M's. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 bar (calculated without baking soda and salt): 403 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 31, 2017
How am I the first to be reviewing this recipe?! They are so simple to make, and EVERYONE loved them. The batter may seem like it is slightly overloaded with the oreo cookies when you are adding them, but trust me, it is just right. I will definitely make these again. My only criticism is that 1 tbsp of vanilla is not necessary. 1 tsp is plenty. Don't go wasting good extract here. The oreos are enough flavor here!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.