Cookies in a Jiffy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's or butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until well blended. Stir in the M&M's or chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 222 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2018
I have to give this five stars because my mom created this recipe and gave it the name, "Cookies in a jiffy. I am Clara Hielkema's daughter. She died in 1998 at the age of 92 . She would have been delighted to know her cookies since went on to be published in four cook books and has gone viral on the internet.
May 20, 2015
These are pretty good cookies. I prefer a crispier cookie, but great if you like a softer cookie.
Nov 16, 2014
This is not really a recipe for "homemade" cookies. Once you use a store-bought mix, it's not homemade anymore.
Oct 13, 2014
I just doubled the recipe, having not located a 9-oz. cake mix. A quick way to make cookies and they're so good! Kids should love them; but this adult does too!
Dec 22, 2012
Jiffy makes a 9 oz Golden Yellow cake mix.
Jan 26, 2011
9 oz cake mixes are hard to come by in out area, so I use half of a regular cake mix.I mix the ingredients up, bag them and take motorhoming. Our favorite add on is the butterscotch chips. I've also used raisins.
Dec 20, 2007
These cookies are easy and delicious; but I prefer them with the butterscotch chips!