Loaded Red Potato Casserole Recipe
- 16 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with the milk, butter, pepper and salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon.
- Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Red Potato Casserole(21)
Sort By :
Great recipe. Everyone at my church function raved over the dish
Everyone in my family loved this amazing side dish. The only changes I made to the recipe was leaving out the sour cream and minced chives (food intolerance/allergies).
A fantastic recipe!! I did not peel any potatoes, but my whole family enjoys the skin...personal preference. I mixed cheese, sour cream, chives and HAM!! Mixed it all together and baked. Turned out wonderful. I have also used bacon but we like the ham better. I also did not mash all the potatoes, only half and left the other half diced for a more chunky texture.
I made this for a father's day dinner, since it's lower in carbs than most potato dishes and my father is diabetic. My whole family went wild for it - even my kids, who normally don't care for potato skins. I only peeled half of the potatoes and thought the amount of skin was perfect. I also used reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cheese and center cut bacon to cut some of the fat.
I make this for any get together and I always get asked to bring it again. To make it quick I use bacon bits. Tasted great
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >