- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place the flour, almonds, sugar, butter, extract and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Tart with Almond Crust
Sort By :
"Extreme lemon flavor. We just loved this recipe and plan on making many more times to come."
"I've made this recipe about half a dozen times, my husband loves it! It's been a hit any time I've made it for potlucks or parties. I have divided it up to make about a dozen little tarts, 5 (or so) medium tarts and I've done one large tart. All are exceptional. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because sometimes it can be TOO lemony if you include all the lemon that the recipe"
"Absolutely fantastic! Even people who don't really like lemon will love this! I made it for a baby shower and birthday party with candied lemon peel on top for a garnish...was a huge hit! Works great to do four mini tarts with this recipe and cut them into six wedges for fancy mini desserts:)"
"I made it just like the recipe said and it was perfect! A nice version of lemon meringue pie without the meringue. Love the taste of the crust too!"
"The crust stick in the backing pan, is good the taste but it sticks in the pan and not possible to take it out. Then over is not yellow hahaha it is light brown. I wont do it again, not possible to serve ina plate!!!"