Lemon Tart with Almond Crust Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place the flour, almonds, sugar, butter, extract and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Tart with Almond Crust(3)
Sort By :
Extreme lemon flavor. We just loved this recipe and plan on making many more times to come.
I've made this recipe about half a dozen times, my husband loves it! It's been a hit any time I've made it for potlucks or parties. I have divided it up to make about a dozen little tarts, 5 (or so) medium tarts and I've done one large tart. All are exceptional. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because sometimes it can be TOO lemony if you include all the lemon that the recipe
Absolutely fantastic! Even people who don't really like lemon will love this! I made it for a baby shower and birthday party with candied lemon peel on top for a garnish...was a huge hit! Works great to do four mini tarts with this recipe and cut them into six wedges for fancy mini desserts:)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Lemon Tart Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >