Creamy Lemon Almond Pastries
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened (4-1/2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Beat cream cheese, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, lemon curd, lemon zest and almond extract on medium until combined. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Using a pastry cutter or sharp knife, cut into nine rectangles. Spoon rounded tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in center of each rectangle. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water. Brush edges with egg mixture.
- Wrap puff pastry around filling to cover completely. Pinch edges together to form a ball. Place seam side down, 2 inches apart, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush pastries with remaining egg mixture. Pierce each once with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen pastries from parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, milk and remaining confectioners' sugar. Brush each pastry with lemon glaze. Top with almonds. When glaze is set, in 1-2 minutes, peel off paper. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 pastry: 255 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 2, 2018
The flavor is amazing, and it's overall quite easy to make. The only issue I had was the puff pastry deflated once I took it out of the oven. Not sure how to prevent this as it's store-bought puff pastry. I will definitely be trying again, though!