Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add the remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21 star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie
Sort By :
My husband likes this refreshing pie. I have used other toppings over the cream cheese filling.
This was wonderful! The method of cooking the pie shell didn't quite work out for me (cracked and done way before last 5 mins was up). Next time I will bake the way I usually do. Other than that, no changes.
I made this for Easter dinner and it was WONDERFUL! The only change I made was to cook the lemon layer in the microwave. I will definitely make this again the taste is rich and good and it was easy to prepare. I also plan to use the lemon topping in a couple of recipes which call for lemon pie filling.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!
I'm not sure what I did wrong. I am a good baker, and I followed the recipe exactly, measuring everything. However, the topping turned out 3 times higher than the picture, and the bottom was lower. Not sure what went wrong. Also, the topping thickened very fast, before I added the last sugar. I didn't have to cook it anymore after that.
Thank you for this recipe it is almost identical to the Lemon Lush Pie at Bake-N-Broil Restaurant in Long Beach CA, but they add a layer of finely chopped pecans on top of the crust - which keeps it from becoming soggy - this takes the recipe from super good to divine.