Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add the remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21 star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie(20)
Sort By :
I tried this for the 1st time. Was easy to make, and it was a hit with everyone at our home for thanksgiving. I even beat out my sister aka Martha Stewart. Lol
I made this yesterday in a bar form. It looked beautiful when i put it in the fridge. When i took it out to cut it today it had a lot of liquid on the top that I had to drain off. It tasted great but the top layer was sliding off the cream cheese. What did I do wrong.
The perfect lemon pie! I'd make this over a merigue pie any day! Everyone loved it!
One of my very first recipes to try when Toh first got started. It has remained a favorite of mine.
This pie is now a family fav. Every one dying for me to make this again. So this christmas in most def. will be on my table.