- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
Sort By :
"Great! Quick delicious dinner. I used Jasmine rice and skipped the cheese. Served with saut?ed veggies and a salad."
"Delicious! We really enjoyed this dish. I didn't have green onions so I used white onion. I also used brown jasmine rice. Very yummy!"
"Delicious and simple. My husband and picky daughter loved it. I made it exactly as stated and it came out perfectly. I served it with slices of garlic bread and steamed spinach."
"Delicious. I used brown basmati rice, and it turned out great."