- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
"This was good. Family enjoyed it."
"I made this recipe tonight. This is definitely a keeper. My husband is still talking about how good it tasted and it's good for you especially with the calories. Very very good, I give it an A ."
"Other than using basmati rice, instead of instant, I made this exactly as written. I am a ship's chief cook, and I ran out of it halfway through the meal, with plenty of disappointed sailors. It is now a keeper in my seafood rotation."
"Delicious! We really enjoyed this dish. I didn't have green onions so I used white onion. I also used brown jasmine rice. Very yummy!"
"Delicious and simple. My husband and picky daughter loved it. I made it exactly as stated and it came out perfectly. I served it with slices of garlic bread and steamed spinach."
"Delicious. I used brown basmati rice, and it turned out great."
"loved it , I used less cheese only for calorie reasons -"