- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p13
Reviews for Lemon-Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2017
"Delicious! Served them to company and everyone loved them. I microwaved carrot slices and added them to the sauce. Really easy."
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Glazed carrots are one of my favorite foods in general. These lemon glazed carrots are superb.Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html"