- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
Sort By :
"I substitute sliced cranberries instead of blueberries in the fall!!"
"I recall making this bread and if I remember correctly, I'd used 5" miniature loaf pans.I greased and floured the loaf pans used. If using other pans, I suggest one to two 7-1/2x3-1/2" loaf pans, greased and floured! I'd used the peel of 1 large lemon, 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries with 1/8 cup all-purpose flour mixed in with the berries to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaves! I'd used 1/4 cup lemon juice and1/4 cup sugar and I cooled the bread at least 20 minutes so that bread had a chance to settle! I glazed the loaves as soon as they came out of oven. I'd probably bake the miniature loaves 40 to 45 minutes and the 7" loaves at least 45 to 50 minutes. I used my cake tester to test the loaves and made sure that the cake tester came out clean! This recipe is a good one! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"Absolutely the best blueberry bread I have ever eaten. It was out of the oven and we ate it up so fast, I just made a 2nd loaf. :)PS: To the person who commented that her blueberries fall to the bottom of the pan, I used frozen blueberries in my recipe (did not need to thaw them out) and the blueberries stayed put and did not sink to the bottom."
"Delicious. Added 1 tbs. vanilla, it was amazing!"
"Made these today. Very moist and delicious!!"