- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
Sort By :
"Fabulous bread. I was out of milk so used 1/2 c nonfat plain Greek yogurt 1/2 t baking soda. Also I didn't use the lemon rind, but with the lemon glaze it was VERY (deliciously) lemony. I did heat the glaze until the sugar dissolved. Only baked it for 35 minutes (but split the recipe into 2 smaller pans).This was the best sweet bread I have ever tasted! Was so light - we ate two loaves in one afternoon (Mom and 3 kids!). Will definitely make it again."
"This bread turned out really yummy. Took advise of other reviewers and cut cooking time to 50 minutes. Also covered the loaf pan with aluminum foil during the last ten minutes to ensure the top didn't brown too much. Unlike one other reviewer I thought the lemon flavor really came through. I did increase the blueberries to 1 1/2 cup and cut the sugar to 2/3 cup."
"i did everything the recipe said except i only had to bake it 50 minutes. the top came out hard..not crusty but hard and chewy. i couldnt taste any of the lemon flavoring. next time i will add alittle more lemon juice...if i make it at all. i was very disappointed"
"Loved this cake! Very lemony and moist. Used frozen blueberries from our patch and followed recipe exactly. I agree with one of the other reviewers to start checking for doneness after about 45 minutes. Thanks for another great recipe!"
"This is the absolute best blueberry bread! The lemon juice and zest very nicely complements the blueberries. Regardless of the size of your loaf pan, I suggest setting the timer to 45 minutes then checking thereafter, as 60 minutes is too long as a starting point."