- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
"I make this during summer blueberry season, with fresh berries and fresh lemon juice. It's a huge hit everywhere, and lots of people have asked for the recipe. The glaze makes it really awesome. Hint - gently shake blueberries with 1 T. of flour from the recipe, to keep them from sinking. I use a slightly larger loaf pan than what is called for. Definitely a keeper!"
"I am making this for the second time today. It is very flavorful and moist. I am going to try a powdered sugar and lemon glaze this time on a cooled loaf just to experiment."
"This is easy and tastes soooooooooooo delicious! I will file this under " Best ""
"Great recipe! Everyone who i make this for loves it. I used the throwaway aluminum container and it worked perfectly fine. i found it needed to cook a bit longer (but my oven is a bit off). Couple of tips- when the top was getting a bit brown, i put a piece of aluminum foil on top, and it ruined the beautiful top when i took it off, so i decided to just lower the temp a bit and it seemed to do the trick. next time i wont put any foil on top. also flour the blueberries before mixing in so they dont fall to the bottom :)"
"Excellent!! Made bread and glaze according to recipe. First time I made it in metal loaf pan and evidently did not grease pan adequately-lost the entire top of bread. Now I use a Pyrex loaf pan and spray bottom and sides. Also need to wait t least 10 minutes before inverting., It is easy and delicious! I Before serving-I warm it a few seconds in the microwave and put a little butter mixed with a good quality blueberry jam on it----really good!!"
"Added a few extra blueberries, it was delicious!"
"This bread is outstanding! I've made it numerous times since the recipe was first published in 1995 and it always brings plenty of compliments. It's definitely a family favorite! As a volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I highly recommend it."