Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread(32)
Sort By :
I love this bread and so do my children
wanderful blueberry bread made this today
Wonderful recipe. Was perfect to mix up quick with a cup of leftover blueberries. I left out the nuts and added a teaspoon of the lemon zest to the glaze. Yum!
Wow!! Fantastic recipe! Baked a loaf last evening (without the nuts) for a carry-in at work today and it rapidly disappeared plus received several requests for the recipe. This is definitely a recipe I'll make many more times.
Although the glaze is fantastic, I'll probably omit it unless I'm going to serve this "bread" as a dessert, just to save a few calories. I took another reviewer's advice and greased and floured the pan plus I lined the bottom of the pan with waxed paper to make removal a snap. I would recommend this additional step to all. It's so frustrating when your loaf won't come out of the pan in one piece. Amazing recipe!!! You won't be disappointed.
Really delicious! Followed the recipe except used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup flour. Love the lemon glaze - it's so simple and really adds a nice touch!