- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4-5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Thinly sliced green onions and additional chili sauce, optional
- Whisk together first eight ingredients. Place roast in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour soy sauce mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 8-10 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, mix first five slaw ingredients until blended. Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl; toss with dressing and, if desired, sesame seeds. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Remove roast; skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve in tortillas with slaw. If desired, serve with green onions and additional chili sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or broth if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forKorean Pulled Pork Tacos
"Outstanding recipe! I reduced the soy sauce mixture ingredients by half and used a 1-1/2# boneless pork tenderloin. Thanks for sharing. Yum!"
"I bought carnitas that were already cooked & I made this on the stove instead of with a slow cooker. Wow, this is delicious!"