- 10 cups sliced kale (about 1 bunch)
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Place kale in a large bowl. With clean hands, massage kale until leaves become soft and darkened, about 2-3 minutes; stir in apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Kale Salad
Sort By :
"Very Delicious!!! I don't use pumpkin seeds because i never have them."
"Wonderful salad! Great way to use kale. Love the sweet crunchy apples with the kale and the feta adds a bit of saltiness to it. Can't go wrong with that sweet and salty combo."
"Been getting a lot of kale and this recipe is one of our favorite ways to use it as we usually have the ingredients on hand. When we don't have pumpkin seeds in hand another salty ingredient such as cashews or other nuts has worked fine."
"Just a quick question... what does massaging the kale do?"
"love the salad, but i used pumpkin seeds and next time i will try something else."