- 10 cups sliced kale (about 1 bunch)
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Place kale in a large bowl. With clean hands, massage kale until leaves become soft and darkened, about 2-3 minutes; stir in apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kale Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Kale Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2014
love the salad, but i used pumpkin seeds and next time i will try something else.
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2014
Very nice touch. Massaging the Kale has a special effect.