Caribbean cuisine brightens up our weeknights thanks to its bold colors and flavors. Done in less than 30 minutes, this chicken is one of my go-to easy meals. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) mixed tropical fruit
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-1/2-in. strips
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (green portion only)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- Lime wedges
- Drain mixed fruit, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Chop fruit.
- Toss chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute peppers and green onions in drippings 2 minutes. Add broth, 1 tablespoon cilantro, lime juice, salt, reserved syrup and chopped fruit; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous; reduce heat to low. Place chicken on top; cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed and chicken is heated through, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jerk Chicken with Tropical Couscous in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Reviews for Jerk Chicken with Tropical Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2017
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2017
"My husband really enjoyed this dish. I used mangoes instead of the tropical fruit mix and it worked very well."