Italian Sausage with Bow Ties Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Sausage with Bow Ties(40)
Sort By :
I add baby bella mushrooms to mind and the kids love it!!!
This recipe was delicious! I felt like I was eating off the olive garden menu! Yummy!!! The only thing I did different was leave out the red pepper flakes (don't like spicy) and I used 12 oz of bow tie noodles instead of 16 oz which made it more saucy, which I like!!! We even has leftovers:-)
My family LOVES this dish.
this is relatively regular at our house. I usually opt for the lower fat version of everything and am still satisfied.
One of our all-time favourite pasta dishes! Everyone loves this - just as good as any restaurant pasta dish. Its easy to make and makes lots (much more than the 5 servings stated in the recipe).
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >