Italian Sausage with Bow Ties Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Sausage with Bow Ties
Sort By :
"Easy and delicious!!! I also added precooked chicken and increased the cream by 1/4 cup (i only had heavy cream, not whipping cream but it worked just fine). Added more basil too because we love basil! This is so simple and tasty that it will become a regular on busy nights."
"What can u use instead of stewed tomatoes?"
"My family loved this! Very easy to make - good enough for entertaining."
"This was really good! I didn't have heavy cream so I used half cup whole milk and half cup parmesan cheese.. tasted wonderful."
"Really good. Followed previous reviewers tip of adding spinach which is a brilliant idea, added color and a nice taste. Next time will make more sauce and add more tomato. Would also be nice with some sundried tomatoes."