- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese.
- Serve desired amount over spaghetti. Cool remaining sauce; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 2 quarts).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
This has become a family favorite! We actually grow roma tomatoes so we can make this from our own garden tomatoes in the fall.
Love this recipe so much....feed a crowd or freeze half for later.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >