Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 3 cups sauce per batch
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare spaghetti sauce: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Nov 27, 2012
I left out the salt and used Splenda instead of sugar and it turned out great!!
Feb 14, 2012
I didn't make this, but here is what MasterCook has for nutrition info (including additional ingredients - for 48 servings):Per Serving: 39 Calories; 3g Fat (60.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 207mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Nov 4, 2011
My husband and 25 yr old son liked this recipe. I had to use celery salt in place of the celery flakes. omitted the salt. I added a small amount of regular Prego sauce also for added flavor. tasty
May 4, 2011
Unable to locate Celery flakes tried 1 tsp Celery salt (omitting other salt) but it was still too salty, I know the pkg brand also uses Tomato pwd.
Aug 23, 2010
I would love to make this recipe, but I really need the carb. count, as my husband is diabetic. Please!!
Dec 12, 2009
Next time I will use two cans of tomato paste and maybe blend some fresh tomatoes. Also thinking of using dried green pepper flakes instead of the celery flakes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.