Mexican Spaghetti Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chilies, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 17, 2014
A nice change from standard spaghetti sauce. I think next time we will omit the noodles and use it as a topper over tortilla chips for a fun dinner.
Sep 1, 2013
I love this because I can add whatever I have in my pantry and it comes out delicious every time. I like to substitute a big piece of corn bread and top it with sharp cheddar.
Sep 1, 2013
I love this because I can add whatever I have in my pantry and it comes out delicious every time