Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
My whole family loves this recipe. The Italian pickled vegetables give it a distinctive taste. I also serve it on a bed of lettuce, or as an appetizer on crackers.
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mild giardiniera, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add mayonnaise and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup salad onto two bread slices; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce June/July 2010, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >