My whole family loves this recipe. The Italian pickled vegetables give it a distinctive taste. I also serve it on a bed of lettuce, or as an appetizer on crackers.
Recommended: Top 10 Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mild giardiniera, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add mayonnaise and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup salad onto two bread slices; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce June/July 2010, p43
Reviews for Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review