In Madera, California, Jeanie Carrigan simplifies party preparation by using her slow cooker to create this thick cheesy dip. "Your guests won't believe how good it is," she says.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili, salsa, cream cheese and olives. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir before serving with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Hot Chili Cheese Dip in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Chili Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review