- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides touching. Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat or broil for 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with mustard mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Discard onion slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review