Folks who favor the flavor of pumpkin really need to try this spiced ice cream. But be prepared to make more! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Pumpkin Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p133
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review