It's nice to prepare a cold salad like this when entertaining because it can be made ahead and doesn't take up valuable oven space.
- 7 cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or additional dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Rice Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p62
Reviews for Holiday Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review