"I make these potatoes often for my husband and me. They're easy to prepare and have a nice dill flavor," writes Vi Neiding of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "We eagerly await the start of farmers market season to get garden-fresh new potatoes."
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash lemon juice
- Remove a strip of peel from the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; add butter mixture and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed New Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p45
Reviews for Herbed New Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"You will be hard-pressed to find a better potato recipe than this! Make when new potatoes are in season. You will want to double the sauce recipe - it is simply to-die-for!"