Not all stuffings are created equal. My version of the classic side dish features apples for a sweet crunch and cranberries for a little tartness. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3 medium red onions, chopped (about 2-2/3 cups)
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 5 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3 medium tart apples, chopped (about 2-2/3 cups)
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1-1/3 cups minced chives
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Herbed Apple-Cranberry Bread Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p98
Reviews for Herbed Apple-Cranberry Bread Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2016
"This was very good and had good flavor. Loved the combination of apples and dried cranberries too. Used only half butter and half margarine too."