- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and seasonings. In another bowl, combine butter and garlic; set aside.
- Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into balls. Coat balls in butter mixture, then dip in cheese mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Herb Bubble Bread
Sort By :
"I love this bread! I had to make another batch of the cheese mixture because I ran out halfway through coating the dough balls. I used fresh grated parmesan, fresh garlic, and about 1/2 tsp. of fresh rosemary, minced very finely, in the mixture with the other herbs. I didn't have any problem with the garlic burning, as another person did. Maybe it matters what type of pan you use? I used a glass pan. I wonder how it would turn out if I made more, smaller dough balls and used a tube pan? I'll try that next time. Super yummy, even cold."
"Excellent excellent excellent rating from any and everyone whose tried it when I've made it. Always a very welcome addition to any meal"
"Very good. Even my finicky nephews kept sneaking back to get more. I would rate 5 stars but my stars are missing....."
"VERY flavourful, we loved it!! It calls for more of the cheese/herb mix then actually required, too much can be over powering so I cut it down a bit."
"This is really good bread. I have never used frozen bread dough before, and since I don't bake, I was a little nervous about it. But it was really easy and turned out great. You can easily change the herbs to suit your tastes. This made a wonderful bread dish for my Easter dinner. I'll definitely be making it again."