- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or process American cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour over the ham mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Ham and Potato Casserole
Sort By :
My whole family enjoyed this recipe and it was a good way to use leftover ham.
This is a great recipes to make especially with ham left over from holidays. You can easily make it when at night when everyone has gone home and then freeze it for a later dinner the following week so you don't get burned out on leftovers.