"I like to fix this saucy dish when we have leftover ham," informs Debbie Leininger of Carpenter, Wyoming. "I often make it during wheat harvest. All our helpers really seem to enjoy it."
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or process American cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour over the ham mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p19
Reviews for Hearty Ham and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review