Hearty Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese, spinach and mushrooms. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Egg Casserole(2)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe for potluck brunch at church! Be sure to add the time for baking, as it has been omitted from the recipe. 35-45 minutes @350 or until knife comes out clean.
I loved having this recipe as a guide line. I needed to make something with eggs and ham and I couldn't find a recipe, this recipe was great. I used half sausage and half ham. I didn't have any spinach so I used brocoli instead I didn't have the heavy whipping cr. so I used whole milk and put some crm chz to make it more creamy. It turned out very well. I can't wait to make it with all the real ingredients. Thanks for the recipe!