- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, chili powder and cumin; heat through.
- Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and soup; pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
This was good!
Very easy to make, but lacks flavor when following the recipe. I added wild rice, extra chili powder, garlic, pepper to taste. With the added flavor the cassarole is great! I strongly recommend tasting before putting the cassarole in the oven to check for flavor.
I absolutely love the recipe! I'm a vegetarian, so I use tofu instead of chicken, then serve it over a bed of rice. Just delicious!!
Just made this last night and my family loved it. Didn't have kidney beans, so I doubled up on the black beans. Will be making this again and again!
I made this for dinner tonight for my husband and I and we both really liked it! I only made a couple of changes- I only had one chicken breast out, so I add a few strips of bacon to the pan as I cooked the onion and celery and omitted the oil. I also didn't have kidney beans, so I used great northern beans instead. Very easy, quick and delicious!