My kids like smoothies so I make them often. They're just right for breakfast, a dessert or an afternoon snack. It's fun to experiment with different fruits and berries. —Susan McCartney, Onalaska, Wisconsin
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until blended. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Smoothies in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p43
Reviews for Healthy Fruit Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review