The browned potato and onion mixture is a nice complement to ham in this country-style dinner. This recipe has made the rounds in my family for a number of years.
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat until potato is browned and tender. Stir in the vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook ham steaks over medium heat until heated through. Serve with potato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions in Country Pork 1996, p54
Reviews for Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review