When I need a festive finger food, this quiche recipe's the one I reach for. With cheese in both the crust and the filling, eating one naturally leads to another. —Virginia Abraham, Oxford, Mississippi
Featured In: 17 Breakfast-On-the-Go Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 jar (5 ounces) process sharp cheese spread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, cut butter and cheese spread into flour until well blended. Add water and toss with a fork until a ball forms. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Press tablespoonfuls onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, milk and salt. Stir in ham and cheese. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Ham N Cheese Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p22