I adapted this recipe from a cookbook my husband and I received when we got married. We love all the veggies, especially the fresh asparagus.—Angelia Holland, Plano, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the ham, peas, onions, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; toss to combine. Serve with remaining cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham It Up Primavera in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham It Up Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review