Ham Fettuccine Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a small skillet, cook bread crumbs and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Stir in the ham, fettuccine and peas.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham Fettuccine Bake(10)
Sort By :
with just 1 1/2 cups of fettuccine, can this really feed 5 people
This is one of the best recipes I've ever made. Unbelievable flavor from such a short list of ingredients.
Very rich in flavor. I added pepper, garlic, onions, mushrooms, spinach.
This was a delicious meal for my hungry teenage athletes and husband! I used Panko instead of the regular breadcrumbs and would probably not cook them in butter next time to save those calories. To use a whole pound of fettuccine, I doubled everything, except that I only used three cups of ham and that was plenty. I used 2% milk and low fat sharp cheddar (yellow was what I had on hand) and it was still very rich and yummy. Doubled like this, it would also be a terrific potluck dish.
My granddaughter is a picky eater and she went back for seconds!