A ham and cheese football studded with pecans is a favorite for game day, and it always gets compliments. Present it with assorted crackers. —Michele Moore, Mooresville, Indiana
Featured In: 9 Football-Shaped Foods for Your Game Day Party
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Place ham and onion in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add cheddar cheese; pulse until blended. Add cream cheese; process until smooth.
- Shape cheese mixture into a football; press pecans into cheese mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cut cheese into strips; arrange over top for laces. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Ham-Cheddar Cheese Ball in Taste of Home September/October 2015, p45
Reviews for Ham-Cheddar Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2016
"This is very tasty. I served to a few guys watching a football game. They loved it! I would definitely make it again. Might add a little kick to it like worcheshire sauce next time. Pecans were a nice addition."