Ham Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in the rice, ham, green pepper, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, onion and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Casserole(12)
Sort By :
I loved this! It was delicious and different and a perfect way to use up leftover ham. It was a favorite for us and I will definitely make it again!
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!! This was so good! Next time I will try with crushed pineapple, as some in my family didn't care for the chunks! Lots of flavor and no cream of whatever soups!
My husband usually turns up his nose a casseroles, but I tried this one, and he loved it! He asked for it again a couple of days later. It's quick and simple. I halved the recipe because we live in a small RV, and I don't have much space, large bowls, or casseroles.
We have had this several times. I didn't happen to have swiss cheese on hand so used cheddar one time and mozzarella the next time and both were good.
Excellent flavor. The swiss cheese gave it a unique taste. I added a stick of chopped celery to give it a little crunch. My family wants to have it served again.