Ham 'n' Cheese Strata Recipe
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in onion and green pepper; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour butter over bread; sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Strata(4)
Sort By :
We loved this. I left the cornflakes off and it was still great. A keeper
Very easy & very tasty! I loved that I had all the ingredients on hand. Perfect for morning, noon, or night.
Made this for Christmas morning. Everyone loved it!
This is a delicious recipe. Wonderful flavor. I made it the night before and it made a lovely Sunday morning breakfast for my family. I made it w/o onions and green peppers, simply because I don't like cutting onions =) and don't care for green peppers. Still tasted delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >