Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
Sort By :
"I made this cheddar and mozzarella cheese, I added sautéed kale and topped it sliced tomatoes. It was really really good!"
"made this the other night - my husband really enjoyed every last bite!"
"I have made many like this and omit the crust,it will be a nice savory square."
"I would only PARTIALLY prebake crust, with weights. I would prebake for about 5 minutes, with a foil collar on the crust edges. Then after filling, I would bake in the lower half of the oven for 10 minutes, then move to the middle of the oven. Remove the collar about 15 minutes before completion of baking."