Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
Sort By :
"I made this cheddar and mozzarella cheese, I added sautéed kale and topped it sliced tomatoes. It was really really good!"
"I have made many like this and omit the crust,it will be a nice savory square."
"I would only PARTIALLY prebake crust, with weights. I would prebake for about 5 minutes, with a foil collar on the crust edges. Then after filling, I would bake in the lower half of the oven for 10 minutes, then move to the middle of the oven. Remove the collar about 15 minutes before completion of baking."
"very quick and easy to make, and was delicious,"