Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between the shells. In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour into shells. Cover edges with foil and bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche(11)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful dish and easy to prepare. The only problem is that it stated to use 2 of the 9" crusts and did not specify deep or regular. I used the regular, thinking deep dish would have certainly been specified since they hold more. Nope! Needed the deep dish for they ran over. Also it says to line the pie crust with double foil, big mistake! The crusts stuck to the foil & peeled off when removed. Ruined my crust. I was planning to share one with a sick friend but had to make something else. I will try just spraying the foil & laying it over the crust next time. With the exception of a ruined crust, it was delicious, & I changed nothing except add extra onions.
I made this deep dish style instead of 2. I increased eggs to 6 and half and half to 3 cups. It worked perfectly
I made this a dep dish in my pampered chef pan. Increased the eggs to 6 and the half and half to 3 cups. A little more onion too.it was perfect.
I decided to try this deep dish style. I increased the eggs to 6 and the half and half to 3 cups. I added more onion but not extra cheese as husband doesn't like too cheesy. Took about 30 more mins to cook but was excellent
My teenage son made this for dinner. Super easy and really good. I would leave off just a 1/3 of a cup of the half and half
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >