- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
Sort By :
"I used a frozen pie shell and halved the ingredients. I thought it tasted okay (hubby liked it a lot), but I used 2% milk and the pie crust bottom was very very soggy. And I baked it for 50 minutes. Might try it again without any crust."
"Simple to prepare and delicious! My whole family loved it, even the picker eaters. I decided to skip the crust because I'm not a huge fan but otherwise pretty much followed the recipe. Took about 5 minutes to put together and baked for 40 minutes. Turned out great! Would definitely make it again."
"This was great. I changed it around a bit. (My version is less healthy!). Instead of dried minced onion I saut?ed about a half of an onion chopped in butter. I only made one quiche. Used 1 1/2 cups of cheese and ham, 4 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream (its what we had). I cooked it as instructed for about 30 minutes and then I covered, cut oven down to 350 and watched it until I liked how it looked. My (Picky) husband ate 1/2 of it. So good."
"Just a question......If making pies to freeze are they to be baked before freezing?And...should they be defrosted before baking. What temp and for how long?Sounds like a winner but can't rate until I make itThanks"
"I give it 5 stars because it was delicious and easy to make. I made just one pie, used a cup of mixed cheeses and whole milk."