Ham & Swiss Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each piece with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is longer pink. Remove roll-ups and stir sauce. Discard toothpicks. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham & Swiss Chicken Roll-Ups(9)
Sort By :
I changed some items. Used turkey ham, used provolone cheese, used olive oil, no soup, cooked in oven instead. Served with pasta with olive oil insstead of rice.
Whoever the chef is for this recipe should know better-it is not Saltimbocca unless there is sage with a white wine reduction sauce. No deli ham, no swiss cheese. It should be prosciutto and provolone, definitely no parmesan cheese, no cream of chicken. The photo's chicken looks thicker than 1/4". The only thing correct about this recipe is that it is rolled.
I am not a ham eater but in this recipe it gives it such a good taste. Make sure to pound the chicken out thin, I did not and it was a challenege to roll. I would definatly make this again.
I made mine with white wine. If I were to make it again, I would use chicken broth instead.
I would make this again but I prefer to use a different cheese. Very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >