I make this healthy and inviting side dish whenever friends come over for a cookout. The honeyed vinaigrette lets the veggies shine. —Shelly Graver, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in oils until blended.
- Peel and quarter each sweet onion, leaving root ends intact. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Lightly spritz onions, zucchini, yellow squash and remaining vegetables with cooking spray, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill sweet onions, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Grill zucchini, squash and peppers, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once. Grill green onions, covered, 2-4 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces; place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Grilled Veggies with Mustard Vinegarette in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p58
Reviews for Grilled Veggies with Mustard Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"This is a really good and easy recipe - love all the varieties of veggies you can use - and the sauce is outstanding."
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2015
"I made 1/2 recipe. I substituted a yellow pepper for the squash. Definite keeper."