- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Add corn and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili powder. Stir in cheese and corn mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with olives and green onions; serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Grilled Corn Dip
Sort By :
I just wasn't impressed with this recipe. I tried it exactly as shown and then again with my tweaks. As is, it lacks seasoning. It definitely needs salt and something more than just chili powder. A large chopped onion is overkill and drowned out the cheese. I was not pleased with the consistency the first time...it was like a casserole rather than a dip. It was NOT a hit at my Labor Day gathering. Even my tweaks didn't save it and I changed up the seasoning. I think it's the mayonnaise (I used Hellmans). I just didn't like it, texture, season-wise and cheesiness. NOT a keeper.
Delish!! I did use frozen corn like a previous reviewer suggested and it turned out good.
I've made this dip often just using frozen corn. I leave out the jalapeno pepper because of my Crohn's disease and it's just as tasty without it.
This looks fabulous. I bet you could also make it using frozen corn. Spread on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper, then broil for 5 minutes. It'd be a nice fast way to make it if you can't grill!
i've made this dip a few times. it is really tasty. thanks for the reminder of it, i'll definetly be making some in the near future. corn is very good this year, and i've frozen it to have on hand as well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >