Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Shape beef into three 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Cut burgers into 1/2-in. pieces; set aside.
- Combine ketchup and mustard; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with tomato; onion, pickles and cheeses; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza on a 16-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pizza, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
Sort By :
I used a 14 oz. Boboli crust. It was definitely not large enough. I will definitely get a larger crust next time.
I have grilled all kinds of pizza with a great deal of success. I use charcoal (Weber) and direct heat...you just have to watch it. I cook one side, flip it and put the toppings on the side that is alrady grilled. Wonderful for camping or Friday nights on the deck around the pool.
I have made this pizza several times and it is always a hit. Although some think it is an odd combination for a pizza they quickly become fans and aks for it again! BeckyG
My husband and I tried out this recipe this weekend. We weren't sure if we would like grilled pizza; it sounded kind of weird. But we decided to try it anyways. It was awesome. The flavors really come through, and tastes just like a cheeseburger. We will be making this again for sure!