- 35 chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press half of mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in creme de menthe. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the filling over crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Pour remaining filling into pan; garnish with reserved whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until set. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grasshopper Cheesecake
Sort By :
Very good pie. I used crushed chocolate graham crackers instead, which worked well except I would add more butter to the crumbs next time to keep the two layers from falling apart at the middle crumb layer. Also used clear creme de menthe and green food coloring. Looked great!