Grandma's Spinach Salad Recipe
This was my grandma’s favorite salad. It’s colorful and has a sweet-sour blend to tempt any taste buds. Even my kids like it (don’t tell them spinach is good for them)! With the increasing popularity of spinach, more farmers in our state are growing this crop than ever before.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and celery seed.
- In a large salad bowl, layer half of the spinach, onion, mushrooms and eggs. Repeat layers. Top with bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Spinach Salad in Country August/September 2006, p49
Reviews for Grandma's Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
Haven't tried this, but looks very good! Needs bacon, RED onion, fresh mushrooms, and fresh baby spinach
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >