A cheese ball is a classic appetizer to take to any gathering, and it's so easy to make. This version, studded with tangy dried cranberries, is a holiday hit. —Kathy Hahn, Pollock Pines, California
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Stir in the cranberries, vegetables and pepper sauce. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Gorgonzola & Cranberry Cheese Ball in Country Woman December/January 2010, p33
Reviews for Gorgonzola & Cranberry Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review