- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Stir in the cranberries, vegetables and pepper sauce. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Gorgonzola & Cranberry Cheese Ball
Sort By :
Love this!! The Gorgonzola is strong, but mellows out the next day. Will make again!!!
We share this with friends all the time. Always a huge hit!
Great cheese ball! The flavor combinations are amazing! The strength of the Gorgonzola is cut nicely by the cream cheese and the pepper sauce is a nice touch for flavor but does not cause it to be spicy. Big hit this thanksgiving and we will be making again and again. Please ignore any comments made by people who alter the recipe.
I made this for thanksgiving. One I did not know how expensive Gorgonzola is, so I had to substitute with feta. It came out not bad but just a little stronger for me.
I always make this around the holiday season. Sometimes I'll make bite size balls instead of one big one, just for a little more elegant look on the platter. - Sarah Vasques