- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add lemon juice and enough cold water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup; add salt if desired. Stir into gelatin. Chill until slightly set. Stir in pineapple and carrots. Pour into an oiled 4-cup mold; cover and chill until firm. Unmold. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Golden Glow Salad
"This salad was a favorite of my mother's. She served it with a salad dressing made with Miracle Whip and milk. Delightful!"
"The crunch of the carrots, the smoothness of the gelatin, and the tang of pineapple...this recipe is an old standby and still as good as ever."