- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add lemon juice and enough cold water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup; add salt if desired. Stir into gelatin. Chill until slightly set. Stir in pineapple and carrots. Pour into an oiled 4-cup mold; cover and chill until firm. Unmold. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Glow Salad in Reminisce July/August 1994, p51
Reviews for Golden Glow Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
"The crunch of the carrots, the smoothness of the gelatin, and the tang of pineapple...this recipe is an old standby and still as good as ever."