This is a wonderful variation on an American summertime standby. Since Idaho is the potato state and a lot of apples are also grown here, I thought this would be an excellent recipe to represent my area.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, cubed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, garlic and salt.
- Peel warm potatoes and slice into a large bowl; add the bacon and onion. Pour dressing over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Fold in apples. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Golden Apple Potato Salad in Country Extra September 2001, p49
Reviews for Golden Apple Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"I found adding an apple is really good. And this recipe pretty much follows mine except for the bacon; which I will try the next time."
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2008
"I live in Germany and a resturant we go to puts apples in their salad and I have since"