Golden Apple Bundles Recipe
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine apples, walnuts, brown sugar, raisins, flour, lemon peel and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 5-in. circles. Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture into center of each circle. Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400° bake 10 minutes. Brush each with milk and sprinkle with sugar; return to oven for 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Golden Apple Bundles(4)
Sort By :
Quick and easy, tasty and tidy. One thing, don't roll pastry too thin or they will tear from the apples. I didn't add raisins or nuts, and yet these turned out just fine. A perfect little hand-held pie! You'll want to double the recipe, as these go quickly.
Sorry...I forgot to rate these lucious pies! These are going to be our Christmas pie. Kids are going to love them just like they kove ne!!
YUMMM!! Perfect taste and size....especially for children and us on diets1
These are delicious. I've made them several times, omitting the walnuts and raisins. You can make them pretty much any size...snack size and larger. A no miss recipe, perfect for everyone.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >