"THE SWEET TASTE of the glaze not only enhances these carrots, but it is very compatible with the rest of the meal. Another great thing about this vegetable dish is that it adds a nice colorful touch to the table. Whenever Mom fixed this dish I was never disappointed!"
- 9 to 12 medium carrots (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Boil in salted water until tender; drain well. Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add lemon juice and brown sugar and stir until mixture thickens. Add carrots; stir until well glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrots in Reminisce January/February 1993, p47
Reviews for Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"Carrots cannot be better than this"
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2009
"my family lovrd these carrots,i could not get them to eat, but now they want at least once a week."