Giant Green Salad Recipe
"I tried this refreshing salad at a friend's house and couldn't wait to have the recipe," says Rebecca Cook Jones, a field editor from Henderson, Nevada. "it makes a beautiful presentation for winter holidays, too."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups Diamond of California Walnut Halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 bunches romaine, torn
- 16 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 cups dried cranberries
- 4 medium sweet yellow peppers, diced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 4 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter. Add walnuts; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- Meanwhile, in several large salad bowls, combine the romaine, lettuce, cranberries, yellow peppers, cheese and pepper if desired. In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugared walnuts. Yield: 85 servings.
Originally published as Giant Green Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p8
Reviews for Giant Green Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2008
Great salad. You can more of less of the salad ingredients to your liking.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >