"I love garlic, and this golden-brown chicken with its fragrant spices and citrus tang is an excellent way to showcase its popular flavor," writes Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170° and juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Lime Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Garlic Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review